Vacation on the Black Sea Coast

We just came back from vacation. We went to the beach, on the Black Sea coast of Romania, in Eforie-Sud resort. It is a small  and quiet resort, mostly for parents and children. No night clubs there, shouting all night long, just a few terraces and restaurants, where people can have a great meal and a drink, while listening to the band and singers.
Me and my hubby went there mostly thanks to our son-in-law who is working as a chef in a small restaurant in Eforie-Sud. He saw a nice little motel, next to the restaurant, and asked us if we'd like to come and stay there for a few days together with our daughter and our grandson.
The motel is called "Andreea", same as our daughter. It actually is a small house, with 2 floors, very clean and tidy, having all the facilities a tourist might need during vacation. They have a huge kitchen in the basement, where tourists can cook and serve their meals.
I only used it for making coffee and tea in the morning. And since every room has a small fridge included, we brought some butter, salami, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers so we can eat breakfast on the motel's terrace, under the red umbrellas. We could've found food at the store there, or at the restaurant, but it'd have been more expensive, so we prefered to bring our own food, at least for breakfast, to make it cheaper. I had plates, forks and knives from the motel's kitchen and pots for making coffee and tea, also mugs and glasses for the drinks.
The resort has a beautiful sight of the Black Sea, as seen from the town, which is situated up on a hill, near the beach.  We had to climb up and down lots of stairs everytime we went to the beach, but this was good for our health. Making such exercise sure helped us loose some weight, in a pleasant way.
The beach was full with children who were playing in the sand and bathing in the sea. I made lots of sand castles with my little grandson and swimmed in the sea.

I never loose one sunrise when I'm at the beach, so this is what I did this time too : I woke up very early everyday and ran quickly to the beach, so I can see the sun rising from the sea.

Eversince I was a little girl, I've learned to enjoy the sunrise while at the beach. Back then, we used to take the train to the beach and my Mom always wanted to take the earliest train, so we could be on the beach at sunrise. I remember it was so early, as 4 a.m. when we would arrive on the beach. I've oftenly wondered how come the sun was rising so early back then, but then the answer came to me : back then we didn't have anything like the summer or winter hour, so the sun was rising at the normal  hour. It was always chilly and we had to dress warm clothes until the sun was up.



Later, when me and my hubby went to the beach with our children, I continued the tradition and brought the kids early on the beach to see the sunrise and breathe the healthy air coming from the sea, which was good for their health. It wasn't hard to wake them up, because they were up very early back then...which isn't happening with the children nowadays!LOL
Even though the parents don't have many places to go to for fun...not that they could go anywhere having the children with them...yet the kids have some fun places where they can play and get tired, if the sea hasn't done that well enough. We took our grandson to play in such a funny place, an inflatable bouncer, with children of the same age, about 3-4 years old. It was so funny to watch them running all over the place, crawling and punching the toys!



Comments

Popular Posts