Today we celebrated the Good News Day

I cooked fish today. Made sour fish soup, BBQ fish and fried fish. It was so good!
I took some fish on Thursday just to avoid the week-end crowd, especially at the fish store, because everyone in Romania eats fish today. We're celebrating the Good News which the Angel brought to Mary, that she was going to have baby Jesus. We're on the religious fasting period before Easter and on such special ocassions we're allowed to eat fish, but only on this day.
I butchered  and cleaned the fish...

I cut the head and the tail to make a sour soup with them.
Took out the bitter bone from the head, behind the ear so the soup won't get bitter.
Cut the wings.
 
Cut along the stomach .

Take out the intestines.

Slice the fish.
I fried a few slices, coated with corn flour.
The rest of the slices I grilled and made  it with a salty sauce we're calling "saramura". The sauce also contains hot pepper and parsley.
I used the head of the fish and its tail  to make a sour soup which is best eaten with polenta.


Comments

Popular Posts